- 325g (12oz) cabbage, cored
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 150ml (¼ pint) mayonnaise
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30ml (2 tbsp) snipped chives
- 30ml (2 tbsp) chopped walnuts
Shred cabbage, onion and carrots into a fair-sized bowl. Add the mayonnaise and vinegar and toss well to mix.
Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and leave to stand for an hour for the flavours to develop.
Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle over the snipped chives and walnuts, to garnish. SERVES 4. ENJOY!