- 1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon peanut oil or canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeño pepper with seeds, or more to taste
- 1 cup sliced Rosaly Carrot (thick)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn cobs
- 2 cups shredded Rosaly Lettuce
- Combine rice wine (or sherry), soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Combine salt and sugar in another small bowl.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact.
- Swirl in 2 teaspoons peanut (or canola) oil.
- Add ginger and jalapeño and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add carrot and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut (or canola) oil, bell pepper and corn, sprinkle on the salt mixture and stir-fry until the vegetables are almost crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add lettuce, swirl in the rice wine mixture and stir-fry until the lettuce is just limp, about 30 seconds.